I don’t do ice cream too often. I’m more of a health nut. But these caught my eye. Maybe it’s because I’m a Star Wars fan. Pulled straight from the pages of the Star Wars Cookbook comes this cool recipe.
To create these troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, all you have to do is use the force of your freezer!
- 4 flat bottomed, plain cake ice cream cones
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream softened for 15 to 20 minutes on the counter
- 6 ounces of chopped white chocolate
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate or food coloring pen for decorating
- Fill the ice cream cones with ½ cup scoops of ice cream. Freeze them for 1 hour.
- To make the coating: Melt the white chocolate with the coconut oil in a microwave or the top of a double boiler and stir until completely combined.
- Remove one filled ice-cream cone from the freezer. Smooth the ice cream with the palm of your hand. Dip the cone into the coating to the edge of the cone. Return the dipped cone to the freezer and dip the rest of the cones.
- To melt the chocolate for piping: Place the chocolate in a heavy glass or ceramic measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Stir, and heat again at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
Decorate the cones with the melted dark chocolate, piped with a pastry bag, following the pattern on the clone helmets. Alternatively, you may decorate the helmets with a coloring pen.
Makes 4 Cones